Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 D LMC Small Date 3.1g

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 560Next Topic  
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  7:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Guitardoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

I can't believe it I found one I think this is the third one I need to get it graded or do you have any suggestions I don't really want to mail it off anywhere I'm kind of worried about that what should I do

Pillar of the Community
United States
1745 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you get a picture of it on the scale?
Here's a good article by Ken Potter on the Rare one
https://www.numismaticnews.net/arti...copper-found
Edited by jasper62
01/20/2020 8:14 pm
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KopilkaUA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Read about these. But other than that
Got my large and small dates confused. Bottom comment is correct.
Edited by KopilkaUA
01/20/2020 8:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3581 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but what you have is a large date 82-D, not a small date. Worth it's weight in copper only.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
1992 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guitardoe to CCF!

I agree with meclover.

Your coin is a large date.

Do not send to grade.
Edited by levelsofmadnes
01/20/2020 8:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1745 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good catch merclover. I took the OP word without identifying the the date. The article is still a good one and this thread lets people know that there indeed is an eighth variety
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Large Date, sorry. It's not a Small Date. So in this case, it's not rare at all. It's pretty common.
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
unfortunately only worth 1 cent
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TwistedTrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The search goes on.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3581 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know I always look carefully for that elusive 1982-D copper cent. When I find 82-Ds small date cents, I put them in a pile before I weigh them. I treat each one as a lottery ticket, lol. Odds are way against you, but the last one that was found was plucked from circulation, so I keep telling myself they're out there, just waiting to be found!
ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 560Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05