Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Advice For A Newbie Coin Collector

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 578Next Topic  

United Kingdom
1 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  06:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ironside to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all!
Thanks for having me on the forum :)
I have fairly recently starting collecting UK coins (mainly 50p coins after getting a Mr Fisher in my change & thinking I could retire on what eBay told me it was worth haha!)

Just wondered - could anyone point me in the direction of any website etc where I could list my doubles/ trebles that I don't need & hopefully find people who'd maybe want to trade for some of their double that I didn't have? Tried a Google search but not sure where to start!

Thank you :)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35559 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. You are not allowed to buy/sell/trade here on CCF yet,and I do not know of any links to help you. Give it a bit and maybe some members can help.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3638 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

www.Numista.com is set up for trading, as well as being a fabulous resource for world coins. I have not used it and do not know the rules, but it seems worth checking out.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
457 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  08:16 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The bulk of trading for the UK 50ps happens on Facebook I am told. (I refuse to use it myself!) Second best is Ebay.
Most dealers don't bother with the decimal coinage much. Auction houses occasionally have a few, but they don't really know what they are doing with them most of the time.
I put out a few at a market stall and there is good demand for them there, provided your prices are reasonable.
Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
771 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numista
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 578Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05