Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2000 D Jefferson Nickel Worn Out Die

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 718Next Topic  
New Member

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  12:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add kevniel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I was only able to find one similar nickel on the internet and that was here at this site. I'm not sure if this nickel is a Double Die as I am unable to see any obvious doubling and the low spots seem pretty shallow. I'm thinking more like a soft hit, of worn out die?
Any input would be great and what might it be worth if any more than a nickel?
2000-D-Jefferson-Nickel-Worn-Out-Die
2000-D-Jefferson-Nickel-Worn-Out-Die
2000-D-Jefferson-Nickel-Worn-Out-Die
2000-D-Jefferson-Nickel-Worn-Out-Die
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks more like this coin was tortured. It probably wasn't struck like that.
New Member
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kevniel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that, yeah, I'm not sure, maybe I should get a new nickel and hit it with a hammer for a few days and see. I'll check out your YouTube coins for some examples
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 718Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums