Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Much, Per Ounce, Should I Expect To Get For My Silver?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1272 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  7:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add weerdsteev to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If silver hits $20/ounce and I haul all my old, no collector appeal 90% silver in to my local coin store or pawn shop, what would be a fair offer and one that I should accept?
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teambar1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, I've done that before and it reminded me of selling a used car. Go in with your wanted price, and if the guy won't come up to satisfactory price or equal your wanted price, stop at couple dealers and see who will give you the most. They are pawn shops and will try their hardest to give you the lowest price so they can just turn them around and make more. Sometimes I've put lots on eBay, and with a reserve price that is very close to $20 an ounce, you will probably get the most there, at least I have! People eat silver up on eBay.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10548 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dealers usually give a multiple of face value for 90% silver coins. Right now, you may get 13x face value. If silver is $20/ozt, then you might expect a little more.

For example, a Morgan dollar may bring $13. Melt is currently $14.14.
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44785 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sprue is right - just cash it in and DON'T make a bet on silver again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3848 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unusual that a coin or pawn shop would want to make a profit on a buy. /s
Personally, I'd take a 10-20% loss before I would sell on eBay. It's really not worth it imo.
If I had to, I'd go online with provident which I believe pays 90-95%.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Check beem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add beem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Provident paid very well last time I sold to them.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05