Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Penny (Liberyy)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  02:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pennyhunter82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I just came across an odd penny and was wondering if anyone else has seen any like this or know more about them. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated. As you can see, it appears not to have the letter T and looks like a T and Y struck.

Pillar of the Community
United States
858 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  03:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pennyhunter82 To CCF. Sure looks like a extra Y .. Can you get a close up picture of the mysterious extra Y please. It might just be damaged.Thanks
Edited by Daves Errors
01/27/2020 03:29 am
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  03:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pennyhunter82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
825 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  05:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe it's just damaged. Either that or the die has just been so worn down that it's starting to fail.

Either way, not an error.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forest Gump

Best and First DDO I've Found in the Wild: http://goccf.com/t/364885

Best Error & Varieties Coin I Own: http://goccf.com/t/363534
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32072 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. It is PMD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44995 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely damage from a stray hit.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
540 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and
Learn More...
United States
82702 Posts
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pennyhunter82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tyvm everyone. So basically something hit the top of the T hard enough for it to fold down into a Y shape is the thinking? That was my guess because the extra Y has a perfect rise to it as the letter. What I did find odd is at the top of the extra Y it is filled in. Weird coin indeed, guessing nobody ran into something like this? On a good note I did find some foriegn and some nice condition wheaties while hunting.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pennyhunter82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
... and found 9 foreign (Canadians)
Question, do you save all the Canadians or only older ones? My oldest was 1964 and the newest 1984. The 64 is a nice design, I kept them all because they are no longer minted in Canada. Just wondering what others do with them.
Edited by pennyhunter82
01/30/2020 7:13 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32072 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I save all Canadian cents 1959 and older if condition warrants it, as well as any errors or varieties.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05