Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wanting To Give Back.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 2,318Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
1417 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  11:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I've been a collector since 1965 and a dealer since 2000.

When I was younger I received some nice coins from older collectors that really made my day. Nothing outragously expensive, just something that made my day. I think now it is my turn.

What I would like to do is to give two LWCs away ( 1 each). A 1956-D rpm-1, and a 1953-D rpm-1. I have a roll each of these and while they are common for me, I realize that some collectors would like to have them in their collection.

For anonymity, I would propose to send them to a mod. who would send them forward.

My one problem is that I want it to go to someone who appreciate them and who might normally not have the money to buy them. I don't want to give them to another dealer or to someone who could buy these with little to no thought of the price.

I'm not sure that is possible and we might have to do this on the honor system. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Lastly if anyone else wants to piggyback onto this, that would be fine as well.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2137 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  03:12 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I think it's safe to say that a lot of us on here are honest people, and will tell you if they are a dealer or not.

I've only got one RPM in my collection and I don't have the resources to buy any of them, saving up for college and such.

I would like to have one as long as I'm not taking them away from someone else that may want them.

I think you can trust a lot of people on here to tell you the truth.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Variety Want List: http://goccf.com/t/373255
Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Best LMC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378053
Best LSC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378041
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5352 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So when are you going to start doing this very nice deed?
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since I retired just two weeks ago, my available funds for buying coins have diminished greatly. It would be really nice to be able to add a couple of coins to my collection without worrying about having to fit them into my budget. I'm especially interested in the '53-D because that's the year I was born.
If you'd like, send me a message with contact info and I'll be glad to send you a sase to help out.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add malgal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'm interested in getting them. I do not have any in my collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2397 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow I would be interested in a few of those as well
New Zealand
0 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  03:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LSA2SB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a young man who is just now making my start into coin collecting. I was gifted my Granddads set when he passed, we spent a lot of time going over those coins.

Most of mine are from New Zealand where I live and whatever else he picked up while serving overseas. Honestly I would love these as something so unique, you would hardly see here in NZ.

Of course if I do get chosen, I'm happy to pay postage.
Edited by LSA2SB
02/02/2020 04:38 am
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chyze79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am interested in getting them. I recently started collecting and am new to this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2166 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually had to google to see what these are, they are pretty cool. I Don't have any but I would only take them if there are extras.
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be interested in these if you still have any. I would send postage if needed.
Valued Member
United States
358 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be interested as well. I am a collector with means as you have described. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
2166 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess we scared him away , no posts for over 2 weeks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2137 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  03:15 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just received mine! Thank you so much for the amazing coins!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Variety Want List: http://goccf.com/t/373255
Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Best LMC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378053
Best LSC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378041
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustjunky67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mr Kendall?
I'm a new member here. I am 44 years old and have felt a deep spiritual connection with all things pre 1970 since I was born. Coins are no exception. I've always simply glanced at them looking in change for wheat pennies, silver coins, something foreign or odd,etc...
I've possibly let some nice coins go in the past due to lack of knowledge and/or concern. I was of the impression that grading and basically the entire coin trade was not all that interesting without ever doing anything further than scanning eBay to "check for my lottery winner." I unfortunately made some bad decisions that cost me nearly half a million in cash, a fairly extensive collection of petroliana and advertising memorabilia, gas pumps, signs, drink boxes, 1st edition books from 18th/19th centuries, WWI AND WWII memorabilia, you name it I had it and I had a LARGE selection of things that aren't found on Google and aren't in any antique store you'll likely ever go in....rare stuff. I had a great start on retirement yada yada. The most important things, though; my life; my wife and children; my parents, siblings, nieces, nephews; friends I thought were gone forever; those things survived a selfish addiction that would have taken a lesser man out. But I win. I'm blessed. And I'm a stubborn arse if I need to be.....so don't feel sorry for me please. I'm not writing for sympathy or asking for anything at all.
But I have a very sincere REASON and a specific purpose of you read to the end.

At 42 years old with a wife, a 17 year old son, 7 year old daughter, and 5 year old son all depending on me, I decided to let the man I had slowly become die.....
But that was in jail.....
Countless nights high without any measurable sleep, learning of a serious deception, and sick children combined to push my judgement over the edge and one argument and one minute of wreckless driving later I was in Orange looking dumb.....for a couple months nobody would come see me or answer my calls or put money on books. Nothing. I thought I had lost it ALL.
Well lots of things I cherished got either taken to scrap, given away, sold or stolen in 2 months.

I finally got a response from my ex wife of all people and was able to communicate to my parents I wanted to get clean and convince them to allow me to live there indefinitely if I was serious about change.
Well I was serious but can you imagine being 42 years old, starting life over with my responsibilities, and not one single penny to your name? Gives new meaning to behind the 8 ball. But I thought about coins I had stashed at home often and to my relief and joy I at least still had those when I went back that Christmas Eve to be with my family. And I NEVER even think about those old habits any more. Really I'm much more just interested than obsessed now with antiques and unique junk....what I call "junktiques"....
I now do remodeling, or really whatever I come across to make a dollar legally. But I'm so busy now that I cannot possibly catch up. Booked at least through summer now!! I'm telling you I'm blessed!! And grateful...grateful I was able to live long enough to change....grateful for telling my wife and children good night in person EVERY night....grateful for monetary blessings and my reputation being almost instantly restored and the community basically rallying around me to be successful.....and grateful that some of my coins remained....

In the interim I've learned to appreciate by ghosting this and other forums, that this coin collecting thing is like a treasure hunt and challenging college course combined... you just HAVE to examine every piece of change you see!! It has given me a place to focus energy and to relax. So it's becoming my new addiction. I'm not doing it fur the money, I'm doing it for the glory..... the glory of learning and passing down something special to my old soul daughter who would most appreciate them....she's just like me and we communicate telepathically half the time!!
Anyway I hope you've hung on with me this far Mr Kendall. For I cannot believe I just divulged all this to this group but I did so for a couple reasons I guess.

First and foremost if anyone here is struggling with addiction, feel free to get in touch with me, through a moderator of necessary. Confidential, non-judgemental, honest. I'm here for you no matter who you are or what you've done.

Secondly I just wanted to thank you for being willing to pass your love along. You never know how many lives can be changed by a single deed, good or bad. I try to remain conscious of this precept. I applaud your generosity and concern for fellow humans!!

I pray you have many great returns.

Respectfully
J.H.B.III
(RustJunky)
Edited by Rustjunky67
02/20/2020 05:31 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1508 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  06:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for an excellent idea and followup JMKendall. I applaud you for paying it forward with some very keen forethought.
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectionMaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you still have some of the cents, I'd be interested in receiving one or two
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 2,318Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05