Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You Search Through Uncirculated Pennies?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 614Next Topic  

United States
18 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  2:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sb1229 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi! I'm new here. I haven't been collecting long and buy boxes of Lincoln pennies from my bank. I'm only on my fourth box and I noticed it was sealed differently and when I opened it it's all brand new 2019 (Philadelphia) cents. Do you normally cash them in and get a different box or are they worth sorting through for errors?
Learn More...
United States
90863 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1026 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Sb1229! Welcome aboard.

Personally I don't do that (at least not yet), but I saw a YouTube video last week at "Coin Help U" talking about going through pennies to find high quality examples like MS67 that might be valuable. It was kinda interesting.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35940 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. I search on average one box of cents weekly. It doesn't matter to me if they are new or not. You should look for errors and varieties as well as high grade ones. Good luck,and if you find some good stuff post pics please.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sb1229 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the replies! I will look up that video but II'll really have to research what's a good grade because I've only focused on copper penny errors so far. I have found two 1982 d small dates but they were not copper. Maybe one day! Lol
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnny676767 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was getting boxes to search- mainly cents and nickels. Evidently, my bank was a distribution point for new coins, I would occasionally get boxes of new coins. I wouldn't search them; I would sell the rolls on EBay. I sold them in groups of 5 and 10 rolls. People seemed happy and I made a bit of profit to put back into buying coins. If I recall correctly, they sold better at the beginning of the year. I guess people were still in need of their annual uncirculated rolls.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 614Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05