Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anything Special About These Nickles? Should I Take Them Out Of The Paper?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  09:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HairyCoinNoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
pretty sure this is just an old collection of nickles. should I just take this apart and look closer at any of them? (the ones that are still there lol)

Bedrock of the Community
United States
31848 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take them all out of that holder and give them a 100% pure acetone dip. Then look for anything special and put them in new 2x2 and make sure to flatten the staples.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
8220 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

as a side note they all are fairly common and can still be found once in a while in circulation so the value is minimal
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to check the reverse on that '42. If it has a large mint mark above the dome on Monticello it's 35% silver and would be worth about a dollar for the silver content.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12639 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those Nickels are circulated but deserve a better environment ,you can use the acetone if you want but there is nothing rare there . Looks pretty much 15-20 each .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HairyCoinNoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh :( lol I kinda figured it wasn't anything too great.

Quote:
DeputyMax Posted - Today :6H 52M ago You might want to check the reverse on that '42. If it has a large mint mark above the dome on Monticello it's 35% silver and would be worth about a dollar for the silver content.

i looked and it didnt :( thx for the info tho!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dime_Bag_Boyd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I'm not wrong, not all 1942 35%AG's have the mint mark above Monticello.
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1942 was a transition year when both the standard and 35% silver nickels were produced.
The silver nickels were marked with the large mm above the dome on the reverse in order to make it possible to identify them when it came time to pull them from circulation after the war and they went back to the pre war standard.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
United States
536 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely there's nothing particularly special in ths group. All of them can still be found in circulation.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05