Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Aussie Gold Finds

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 39
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1013 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2008  3:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
G'Day all hope you don't mind an Aussie posting some finds
these are finds made three years ago with a GP Extreme and before I had a hip replacement
now two years ago
Some of the fine gold was with a pan the rest detected and a few already mounted with loops from my jeweler
also two coins one a Queen Victoria 1873 6d the other a K.G.V.1919 3d
I can post these at a later date regards Harry oh and P.S. the gold bar
is my smelted gold with which my jeweler make's my jewelry
Edited by nuggethill
10/20/2008 5:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5823 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2008  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a lot of gold... Must be nice to take it out an look at it every now and again and think 'I found this'
Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1013 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2008  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's nothing Richard compared to my mate who lives in the Golden Triangle and detects with a Minelab GP 4500 he's always boasting of his finds lucky duck regards Harry
Edited by nuggethill
10/19/2008 4:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2008  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KurtS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, those are some pretty good nuggets!
Learn More...
United States
16299 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2008  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great nuggies. I have to post some of mine. I use a Whites GMT.
ANA LM1214396
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2008  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Free2bme to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, those are great nuggets!

How's the hip doing? Think you'll get detect again in the future, maybe with someone to help dig?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1013 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2008  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes one day I'll get back to it but I need to upgrade the detector and yes I'll always need a partner Free2bme
just some close up photo's
and there's still more coming out of the ground to this day regards Harry
Edited by nuggethill
01/25/2009 4:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
891 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2008  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Southern Yankee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's some awesome stuff Harry. What's the heaviest nugget you have found so far? Hope you get back at it soon looks like you've had alot of fun.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1013 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2008  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G'Day Southern Yankee the last photo's the biggest 3/4 of an ounce
one of the blokes I detect with (Normy) found a 5 ounces he's always running rings around me detecting
we (the other detecting mates) call him the whippet
anyway to show you his nugget I'll have to take a photo of a photo (no scanner)
also I was in the detecting shop when a bloke brought in two nuggets for 51 ounces (43 ounce's and 8 ounce's)held them both when you have a bad few days that does perk you up
regards Harry
Edited by nuggethill
10/21/2008 4:26 pm
Learn More...
United States
16299 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2008  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 ounces. That would be nice here in California or Arizona USA.
ANA LM1214396
Pillar of the Community
United States
2514 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2008  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, how long is the plane flight from NY?

Wow, great finds!

The only gold that I find is already shaped into rings or other jewelry.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2008  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KurtS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That would be nice here in California or Arizona USA.
Is placer gold that size still found in our gold country? I would be surprised...43 ounces is amazing!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1013 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2008  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G'Day KurtS and yes the last big gold nugget find was about 4 years ago(more could have been unearthed since then) in Dunolly a worker cutting a trench with a backhoe grabbed his detector and detected the walls of the trench and hooked out a 500 ounce to cut a long story short he couldn't keep it quiet and the mines department found out found him on the job with the detector on the backhoe and find him 20,000 for using earth moving machinery when fossicking that's what I've heard regards Harry
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2008  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Free2bme to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Pics! Those are nice nuggets! Glad to hear you'll be getting out again one day. Just make sure you post the pics so we can all drool some more!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2514 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2008  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nuggethill:
20,000 (australian $, I presume) for a 500 ouncer?
Fair trade. I'll pay that fine all day long.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1013 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2008  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that probably what the council worker thought too good luck to him regards Harry
Page: of 39 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05