Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1989 P Roosevelt Dime DDR Oak Leaves?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 388Next Topic  
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  8:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cheymat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just want to get a second opinion about these Oak Leaves. I do think they are doubled, but you have to look close at them to see it. I know its not any kind of bubbling because I have poked it with a toothpick and its solid, but if its something other than doubling please let me know. I also know Its frowned upon to take pics of your coins at an angle, but its the only way I could capture the images clear enough to see. I dont have a filter for my microscope, but if someone with a plugable scope can give me tips on how to fashion one, I'd be grateful.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
36148 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have two scopes and had to block off all but one light at the 12k position.The one I left unblocked I put a filter on it,on one scope it has the flat LED I used a white coffee filter and custom cut it to fit tightly over the LEDs.On the scope with the old style bulbs I used eyeglass cleaning papers and made little "hoods" to cover the one bulb and I used pegboard hook covers to block off the others.
John1

http://goccf.com/t/363863
http://goccf.com/t/55963#439029
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
02/14/2020 08:40 am
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cheymat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John! I will pass your ideas off to my husband, who is a lot better at fabricating stuff like this than I am! Do you by chance have any opinions on the leaves? Is it something other than doubling?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36148 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure,so no opinion.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 388Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05