Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Difficult To Identify And Know Value. Seeking Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
1 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  08:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jlvt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone. I have inherited 4 bags of coins from my great grandfather who was in the merchant navy during the war. There are some very old, exotic coins but also some closer to home. One I work out seems to be an Irish coin with seated Hibernia on one side, crone bane half penny on the other but no date! Does anyone know anything about these please?
Is it worth anything?
I am keeping some pretty ones for sentimental value butselling the rest so trying to work out if there is any value in them.
I also have a lot of gaming and miners tokens.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8063 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

In order to help you, we are going to need clear pictures of both sides of each coin you may have a question about.
Please post each coin on its own thread with the proper heading and in the right forum.
There are many knowledgeable people here that should be able to answer any questions you may have.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19172 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

As already said, photos are required.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3302 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

While I echo the "pictures please" of the others, I can tell you that the "crone bane" half penny is likely one of the many Conder tokens of the late 1700s. These tokens are worth a few dollars to $30 or more depending on the condition and variety.

I suspect that your grandfather picked up mostly circulating coinage of the countries he visited.

While the vast majority of that would be quite common there may be a few gems/ silver coins.

What it the total weight of all the bags?

I do not recommend photographing each coin individually, not yet. It would likely be a waste of time to photograph hundreds of common coins.

For us to get a sense of what you have, I suggest photographing a "group" picture of the contents of each bag so that we can see most of the coins.
Learn More...
United States
84180 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05