Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1/4 Anna 1862 Bombay Mint With Dot And Bead Below The Date

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poland
29 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  07:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BRaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All!

Today I presented two rare coins from British India:

1/4 anna 1862 Bombay mint with dot below the date
1/4 anna 1862 Bombay mint with bead below the date

4 panels in jabot with a single flower to right and a tiny V incuse at the point of the shoulder, a leaf under the first and last numeral of the date (Prid 603)

Combined mintage 2.366.000 it is a very low for BI 1/4 annas.

NGC price guide show a very high prices for this,(https://www.NGCcoin.com/price-guide...duid-1579527), but it is overpriced I think.

Besides it is a rare coins even in low grade...

Please share your coins

Greetings

Robert
Edited by BRaj
02/23/2020 07:56 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3156 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know these coins, but am enjoying seeing them .

What is the difference between "dot" and "bead?"
These look very similar to me except the dot is perfectly centered between the digitis in your first example and is slightly offcenter in the second.
Poland
29 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BRaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tdziemia the bead is more angular,
but You are right it is difficult to differenciate this two.
Some of auctions differenciate between this two variation, but as far as I know,
the most of numismatic catalog don't.

Robert
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05