Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Box Of 1980 Original Bank Wrap Rolls That I Don't Know What To Do With

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
47 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  12:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add millertime631 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bought the box. They are all BU and I have opened 10 rolls and not I'm having second thoughts about opening them.

I should have been more vigilant and noticed that the tape on the box was stamped 1979.

What should I do now?
1) keep unrolling looking for a variety? (Im doubtful because I've never had luck with anything other than 1960 D/D)

2) keep them rolled.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2817 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have all the cents been 1980 Phillies?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32622 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  05:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would look through them for errors,varieties and high grades. But if you are not that great and knowing what to look for, then maybe sell them on the bay in small lots?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
02/24/2020 10:22 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12948 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are they all toned down and spotty like your photos ? If they are , you'll be lucky to get 75˘ a roll for them .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add millertime631 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes they are all 1980 philly.

Also the die polishing lines on all of them so far run 9-3 o'clock

As far as the toning, the rims are fairly brown, the ends are culls, and I would say that I'm averaging about 20% that are MS-60 and above per roll

With only 1% beautiful gem pieces.

I'm definitely not savvy about variety coins

I'm definitely going to keep two rolls in opened for my personal collection.
Edited by millertime631
02/24/2020 10:16 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
660 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd unroll them as time allows to search for varieties then re-roll them to stash away.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2056 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  04:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm definitely not savvy about variety coins

Well, use these coins to become familiar with them. There is the 1980 WDDO-001 to look for, along with any anything unusual.

View it as an opportunity, a happy accident. It's a rare thing to just happen upon 40 year old coins! Good luck!
ça va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16332 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's see the highest grade you found.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05