Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Trying To Locate Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  3:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rustjunky67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Okay so for the past few days every Bank I've been to in the area that I've been in working have told me that I must have an account with them to be able to exchange money. Has anyone else run into that recently? Is that a new regulation?
I hope everyone is having a good look as I am. I'm still finding some silver 40% and 90% in the rolls that I've been going through recently, when I can find them that is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe without an account most banks limit a customer to exchanging $20 or less.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32608 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need to have an account in my area as well,in fact some want you to have a commercial account.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3880 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Banking without an account is a slap in the face to banks! Not that it can't be done though. Keep on keeping on...just a couple years ago I could order boxes of coin, as a no-account. If all else fails, join with credit unions, no fee and you're part owner.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
1215 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no regulation on it that I'm aware of. But most banks have that policy. Since it costs them money to provide the service, they want to provide it for their members.
Valued Member
United States
481 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my area, a couple mainstream banks require an account, the others do not. I keep my roll purchases 'reasonable' in number per visit, so I can often fly under the radar. If I waltz in and demand hundreds of rolls or several boxes at a clip, I'm toast. It's a balancing act. I have cordial relationships with a few tellers at various banks, and that helps--even at banks which require accounts for coin services.
Learn More...
United States
83971 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CRH is a burden on the banks so they can impose any rules they want.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustjunky67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I understand the burden fur the banks. And I'm only purchasing $50-$100 once a week.....well trying to lol.....but what gets me is one branch of a particular bank serves me with no issues no questions.....another in the same town tells me I must have an account to exchange money with their bank.....go figure lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
3880 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, branches can make their own rules. One branch of Comerica that I dealt with refused deposits of coins with obvious bullion or collector value. Another branch of the same accepted silver coin and held them for customers that asked for silver.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05