Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Has Found 2020 Cent Error Coins?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 13,170Next Topic
Page: of 3

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2020  6:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add aloldstuff to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I recently acquired $18.00 in rolls of 2020 cents. These rolls contained a very large amount of error coins. Over 600 of them. I am trying to find out if this is normal for the 2020 cents or did I just get very lucky.
Errors consist of die chips, die breaks and what appears to be a large scrape near Lincoln's mouth.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56905 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2020  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we'll need some pics to help you evaluate these finds.

to the CCF!
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2020  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aloldstuff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog,
Thanks for the reply and welcome. I have purchased a digital microscope, just need to get it all hooked up. I can see the same errors on Ebay so the value I know. Just trying to find out if these are very common or not.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3361 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2020  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can see the same errors on Ebay so the value I know. Just trying to find out if these are very common or not.

can you post a link to one of these supposed errors..

Die chips and die breaks are not errors.. and if you can see them on ebay you can see, if they are selling or not, and how many there are out there.. just type in advanced search, and click on sold items..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't trust eBay's prices to declare value of these either. We see a lot of threads on here like "Look what they're trying to get for this so-called error on eBay!" For that matter, we see a lot of threads of here inquiring about errors, when they're really not.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aloldstuff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is a link to an Ebay sold item

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-HOT-N...AOSwUFxeRZzf
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38962 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is somewhat common on LSC and worth face value,unless you get someone to pay you $7
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
03/12/2020 08:24 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21267 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He's calling that a major error: Lie. He's saying there's a cud on the reverse: Also a lie.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17335 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
here is a link to an Ebay sold item

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-HOT-N...AOSwUFxeRZzf

Someone got taken for about $10.45

And I agree with silverwolf, cracks and chips are not errors

Quote:
and what appears to be a large scrape near Lincoln's mouth.

Neither are scrapes.
Gary Schmidt
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aloldstuff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the responses
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3621 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damage is not an error as pointed out. And die cracks can be neat, especially if found on proofs, but nothing here worth anything IMO
Pillar of the Community
United States
1041 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I disagree. I think you could make money on these if you took good photos and tried to sell a lot of 500 on ebay.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2020  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aloldstuff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sooooo....back to the original question. Has anyone found these type coins in quantity?
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2020  05:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maui CoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only have for 2020 Queens so far 2 dimes + 2 nickels the first time look like it been circulated for a year already, and my 1st and nickel I thought might have had errors but it really just looks like Die Deterioration. I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of this in the 2020 coins especially pennies and Nichols do to their high production cost
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38962 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2020  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depends on what you mean by quantity. I see them every now and then CRHing on the LSC, and only keep the major ones that are in nice condition.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2020  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aloldstuff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quantity = 100's of them
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 13,170Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05