Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Has Found 2020 Cent Error Coins?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 7,877Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1212 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Minor die chips minor die cracks even scrapes aren't valuable in general. You might find someone wanting it and will pay more than face for it. Someone will just about buy anything really.

If you are searching a new box of cents or multiple rolls from the same new box of coin you will likely find many of the same die pair in there. Can be a few diffent die pairs in the box. But searching new boxes of quarters I've identified 4 die pairs in a box and then some you just can't tell one coin from another. But 4 coins by the dozens with different Grease fills or small die chips ect replicated.

Die chips or cracks are Die Deterioration if small,it adds no value unless you are misrepresenting it and waiting for a newbie to come along. It has to be big and dramatic for value to be added normally and still it's not a whole lot. Small chips or cracks can be used to identify a specific die pair but it's pretty normal as a die wears down from striking coins until they decide it can't be used anymore. If anything my opinion is its an inferior strike and should be worth less than a full strike example, not more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4008 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  03:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have received some valuable info here, aloldstuff. There really isn't a great deal of demand for the type of "errors" you are only showing us through someone else's coins.

How about of your coins? Maybe we can help you more.

As already suggested, check eBay's sold listings. On eBay, anyone can ask anything for their items. The proof is in the pudding, check the sold listings for more of a realistic value. It could be too that if there are completed sales, it's the newness of 2020 coins that are driving the market. And be realistic with yourself, is it really worth the time and effort to sell low dollar items, especially after paying eBay and PayPal's fees and the trips to the post office?

Good luck!

ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
1775 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And remember that "a lot" of anything reduces any potential value, even if it is collectible.
Extreme examples with limited quantities are a "Shazam" moment.
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2020  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smcd44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trying to solve the mystery of 2020 penny values. Coin tracker at.32 ea. I got a box a couple of weeks ago and sold for $100 in a day. Got another one today and listed on eBay. Is it errors?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1212 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2020  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People like putting up rolls of BU new coins each year. $2.00 a roll is common on ebay for cents each year if shipping is right. Not necessarily errors. But people like to buy BU rolls and not hunt them down themselves mostly.

Now they could be searching for errors. Or just saving whole rolls. Or someone wantin to counterstamp or epoxy a bunch of them on a tabletop ect.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
136 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2020  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpgrajek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I am new-ish to all this but I do not see anything special in the eBay post. As to your original question - would need to see some pictures of what you are calling errors. I would have to say 27% of your pennies having errors would be Extremely High. But, anything is possible.

Again welcome.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2020  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keys_Coiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cud

Die chip

Machine Doubling (I have whole rolls of these)

Planchet scrape

Sleeping on the job

Pillar of the Community
United States
1775 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2020  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the images. They are really helpful.

Interior die chips on the edge of the shield and banner aren't cuds. Cuds are areas of a broken die touching the rim of the coin. The die chips and cracks on the shield are really common. Extreme is the operative word for collectibility on chips and cracks. As in, approaching complete die failure.

The one you identified as having scrapes actually appears to be a clash. These aren't "scrapes" but part of the reverse design showing up on the obverse. More of the clash is in front of the throat. These would be considered errors. The more severe, the more desirable they are.
Here is a link to one cent shield overlay so you can check the reverse to see if any obverse design features are showing up there.
http://www.maddieclashes.com/wp-con...Ycwh-med.jpg

And the blank planchete is an error worth a couple of bucks.
Edited by Petespockets55
04/21/2020 10:00 am
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dr Seuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I have seen a lot of sloppiness with the cent coming out of Philly this year
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Journey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently went to the bank and bought a box of pennies $25.00 worth. Every single roll showed shield penny or 2020 I opened one roll ALL were 2020 pennies. I was extremely disappointed since I know nothing about shield penny varieties/errors. Considering the coin "shortage" I felt as though I couldn't just return to the bank and say "hey I didn't like this box can I have a different one?" Does anyone have any ideas of penny errors from 2020? I would appreciate the helpful insight.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16689 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a waste of time IMO to search for die chips, cracks, etc. These are common mint occurrences and not considered errors.

That said, you should be hunting for ultra high grade coins, i.e. MS-67 and up. So far it appears PCGS highest graded 2020 LSC is 66+. Should you find a 67 or higher, it could be very valuable.

https://www.PCGS.com/coinfacts/coin...ld-rd/810704
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
427 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes, I have seen a lot of sloppiness with the cent coming out of Philly this year

Quality control for all coins coming out of Philly has been a problem for years.
Edited by MOS0239
10/21/2020 6:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19834 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't seen a 2020 coin yet.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36425 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found one struck through gritty grease on the upper shoulder,and I think one DDO?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 7,877Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05