Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Suggestions For Albums For 1c And 5c Canadian Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 440Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  4:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have started a collection of these coins and I'm looking for some recommendations for albums that I can get in the USA. Right now I have a Dansco plain nickel album without Labels. I have a Whitman nickel album that doesn't have any 5c silver holes and I have a Library of Coins. I like LOC best but it's old and the slides are hard to use. No slots. I've seen Uni-safe but I don't trust the soft plastic pages. I see similar Canadian albums with clear plastic pages and little pockets but no labels. I have two Harco albums that I'm discarding because of PVC, I posted pics in recent thread under "supplies". I don't want folders. I hope someone can help with suggestions or pictures of their album pages and labels.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the same boat as you. I use a Library of Coins 5 cent album, and a Blank Littleton album with blank Sacajawea dollar and blank 1 cent pages for the large and small 1 cent pieces. I'málooking for a better solution, debating purchasing a LOC 1 cent album but what I've got now is sufficient for now. I use Dymo labels to date the plain pages. But do note, I just checked and I don't think Littleton is shipping right now.

Best of luck! and welcome to the world of collecting Canadian coins in the US!
regards, Jasper- "river4449"

PMs are open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Edited by river4449
03/26/2020 5:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1818 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lighthouse vista series

Sample page

Edited by hfjacinto
03/26/2020 7:20 pm
Valued Member
Canada
359 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lighthouse makes some fine albums.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They do, however in my opinion Library of Coins album are better... combine large and small cents in one album for slightly more (in some cases much less) than buyign two seperate albums... same with 5 cent pieces. Also LOC has the vintage aspect to them.
regards, Jasper- "river4449"

PMs are open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tips everyone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2382 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Lighthouse has spaces for popular varieties, and has dated spots to the end of the series.
ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 440Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05