Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Opinions On My 1982 D Quarter? Toning? Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 361Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  11:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinDon27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47936 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty normal in these pics. Are you referring to the slightly darker color?

to the CCF!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinDon27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes and the pics don't do full justice it has slight red purple and light bronze coloring not sure if it's toning or what. Never seen one like it
Pillar of the Community
United States
723 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure of it being an error, but toned yes. Looks natural to me. Going by the photos I'd say this one falls somewhere in an MS63 range. The reason I bring that up is, if you are not aware, in 1982 and 1983 the mint did not offer mint sets on a national basis. Meaning, they could only be bought directly at each mint in person. Philadelphia or Denver. They are commonly referred to as souvenir sets. And they are pricey.
Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
799 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not an error--environmental toning. Possibly could have been lightly cleaned early in its life, with some toning beginning to take place afterward. I say that because--given the photos--areas immediately adjacent to lettering appear darker--perhaps some accumulated crud vs. the cleaner-looking fields.

Closer, sharper photos would help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
643 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dirt only around the devices makes me think its been cleaned
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 361Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05