Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bulk Purchase Silver

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 507Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  7:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add woodcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have the opportunity to bulk purchase 100 morgan and Peace dollars from private party, also about 100 dollars of dimes quarters halves, franklins walkers, washington rosies mercs, what would be a fair price in your opinion
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that would be a great purchase. Looks like all the coins are 90% silver. Are the coins culls, or have numismatic value? If you are buying them as junk silver, what are you willing to pay per dollar? What is he/she willing to accept per dollar? Wish I had that type of opportunity. Let us know what happens.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1215 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just as a side note, this is the Family Forum, this would be a question for another forum.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forest Gump

Error Want List (Important): http://goccf.com/t/373255

Best and First DDO I've Found in the Wild: http://goccf.com/t/364885
Best Error & Varieties Coin I Own: http://goccf.com/t/363534
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16947 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I presume that the present owner has a good idea of the X times face value is.

A fair price to offer would be what APMEX would offer for the same lot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2621 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$10.5 X no date, heavily worn or scratched, damaged

12 X dimes, quarters, Franklin, Kennedy

12.5 X Walkers

15 X Peace & Morgans
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add woodcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks slider, I will pull out semikeys and offer more
Pillar of the Community
United States
4629 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can't view the coins ahead of time, go with the assumption that they are culls and base you offer on the silver spot price plus some smallish percent.
I would recommend 3% for a start; do NOT go over 5%.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add woodcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i will see them all, she is mother of a good friend, only problem right now is virus, and of course the gold I cant touch, too expensive 4 me, her deceased husband gold, she read off 6 in a special folder he had them in, no keys but gold value almost $2,000.00
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 507Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05