Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

George Washington Inaugural Button Unearthed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 472Next Topic  

United States
41 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  8:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Detectorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not a coin but last Sunday while out metal detecting deep in some woods I found this button. When I first popped the plug out of the ground I thought I had found my fourth Draped Bust Cent at four inches depth. In some ways more exciting so I thought some of you might appreciate a view.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
741 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, not something I've ever really taken much interest in, but even to my uneducated/not inherently interested eyes, that's a very nice looking piece! Just poking around on google, it seems like these things can go for thousands - any idea what it's worth in this condition?
Valued Member
Canada
162 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a great example of an early patriotic piece of history
some people are just as passionate about buttons as some are about coins...both are fun to collect and enjoy
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Detectorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right now there is one on Ebay for nearly 5 grand and not as clean as this one. Values in the thousands for sure and auction houses sell them. I'm seeking an estimate from one house so far. That's why I posted it here, not your average detector coin. For me it was special because I'm now a member of the George Washington Club,the group of detectorists who have found GW items. Long time detectorists who really know their colonial history can search decades without scoring one. I have the added benefit of knowing who mostly likely lost this button.
Pillar of the Community
United States
741 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's really cool stuff! Thanks for sharing. Who do you think lost it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7236 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  09:38 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Great find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An amazing find! Gotta love the history on that one.
Valued Member
United States
255 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Badger Mint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John Kraljevich is the guy to talk to. https://www.jkamericana.com/contact...f34282c8ff94
Pillar of the Community
United States
755 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Those buttons fetch a pretty penny. Nice find!
Learn More...
United States
86522 Posts
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2020  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizardnyc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep up the great finds! Hope to do out with ya this summer!
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 472Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05