Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fugio Cent. Need To ID The Variety

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 558Next Topic  
Canada
32 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  10:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add field_of_mars to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me ID the variety of the Fugio cent that I found this week end. It seems to be the the STATES UNITED type.

Thanks.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
33513 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where did you find it?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Canada
32 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add field_of_mars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1

I found it in Canada
Valued Member
Canada
160 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pretty great shape for a dug coin, tons of detail and even colour...you really can't ask for more than that for the price lol
terrific find
Bedrock of the Community
United States
33513 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
O.K. A detector find? coin show? Flea Market etc?
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
1002 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can tell this is the Pointed Rays variety, with cinquefoils
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
Canada
32 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add field_of_mars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1

Metal detecting.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
33513 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. Maybe need to post in the detector section also?
Here is a little info https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces23012.html
If you send it in are you going to have it conserved?
John1
Edited by John1
04/07/2020 3:50 pm
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pistareen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a Newman 16-N with rating URS-7 or from 33 to 64 known according to Q. David Bowers book, but with environmental issues.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IDing Fugios drives me crazy, but if no one gets it I'll give it a shot when I get a little time. Never mind, looks like Pistareen got it! Nice find!
Edited by lcutler
04/07/2020 5:15 pm
Canada
32 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add field_of_mars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Pistareen.
Canada
32 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add field_of_mars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1

I was told I can't post at 2 sections at the same time
Canada
32 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add field_of_mars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the comments!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8640 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no idea about variety but amazing find. congrats! F15 details (ED).
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16502 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hadn't bothered attributing it because I trust Pistareen's qualifications, but since no one else chimed in with an attribution I went ahead and checked it. Wasted my time, Pistareen nailed it no question. The obv is unquestionably 16, and 16 comes paired with reverses H & N. On H the foot of A in ARE points at the upright of T2 in STATES. That doesn't match. On N it points between A & T, that does match. 16-N
Gary Schmidt
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 558Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05