Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Greek Amphipolis Mint 410-357 Bc Silver Tetradrachm

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 295Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  1:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Moon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good Day here is my silver Tetradrachm. This coin is one of 13 known tetradrachms of the Parthenon Group and one of only five in private ownership, from family Heritage.21mm 16.1g Ultra-high relief

Edited by Moon
05/20/2020 1:23 pm
Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big Supporter please help. Thank you
Valued Member
France
187 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Check ancient67's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ancient67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am embarrassed because for sure to have a tetradrachm from Amphipolis from the Parthenon group is really extraordinary... you are a rich man if this one is genuine. But I doubt it very much because the style looks really wrong. So, I would be very cautious and require an expertise, from David Sear for instance. But I would be very cautious before being too happy ! I would like to give you a better feedback, but I cannot
Valued Member
France
187 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Check ancient67's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ancient67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can also look at the excellent book of catharine c. Lorber « Amphipolis : the civil coinage » in which all the main types are given
Valued Member
France
187 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check ancient67's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ancient67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the main examples

Valued Member
France
187 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Check ancient67's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ancient67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One more
Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much. I am open to any feedback, any advice. Where I can take it to be sure.
Please tell me more.
Thanks a lot.
Learn More...
United States
22981 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree if genuine and very rare and valuable coin. I recommend you send it off to David sear for certification. https://www.davidrsear.com/certification.html
Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both very much, I will send it for certification. I really appreciate your advice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
946 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  05:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In a 2011 auction, one brought $826,000 (including buyer's fee) against a pre-sale estimate of $200,000.
https://cNGCoins.com/Coin.aspx?CoinID=175164
Edited by Kushanshah
05/21/2020 05:08 am
Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you guys please take a look at my other two Ancient coins, the big one is authentic I guess. Please help.
Thanks a lot
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 295Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05