Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1990 Coin Set Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 273Next Topic  

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  11:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Grahama to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I recently inherited some coins. There were 4 sets of 1990 coins that had an article in the box with them...something about 1990 pennies with no mint mark are supposed to be valuable..? I know nothing about coins and was wondering if this article relates to the coins. 1 of 4 pennies has a D mark. 3 of 4 pennies dont have a mint mark. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2357 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your coins are Mint Sets. Not Proof Sets. The one with the red is from Denver. The one with the blue is from Philadelphia
Edited by keith12
05/22/2020 11:34 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1136 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1990 Proof set has the error, they were all in a hard plastic lens with a purple background.

What you have pictures of are 1990 mint sets. the cent is a P mint (the philadelphia mint doesn't use a mint mark on cents except for 2017).

The error would not be found in the mint sets which have coins from both Philadelphia and Denver.

The Proof set should have S mint coins from San Francisco, with the exception of the error cent which the S was left off of the die and coins were struck without the mintmark.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grahama to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotcha. Thank you
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46202 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3572 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 273Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05