Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Constantius Vot X*x Approx. 18.5mm And 2.5grams

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 164Next Topic  

United Kingdom
5 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  12:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add boasey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, newbie here and this is only my second Roman coin I am trying to identify. I have found coins similar, like this one (https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/ro...efault.aspx) but can't seem to find this exact coin. Any help would be appreciated.

Pillar of the Community
United States
922 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Constantine I, AE follis, Aquileia. AD 320-321. CONSTA-NTINVS AVG, laureate head right. / DN CONSTANTINI AVG around VOT XX in two lines within wreath. Mintmark AQP. RIC VII Aquileia 64; Sear 16202
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Victor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Victor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your coin is from Heraclea

Constantine I
A.D. 324
CONSTANTINVS AVG; Laureate head right.
D N CONSTANTINI MAX AVG surrounding wreath enclosing VOT XX #10038; in three lines.
in exergue (mintmark) SMHB
RIC VII Heraclea 60

Bulgaria
43 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add iulius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
922 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Victors is a better match
United Kingdom
5 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add boasey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the quick responses.

I agree that Victors is a better match...thank you Victor.

Is it possible to get an exact match as I have now looked at a lot of coins relating to info Victor has supplied and I can't anything that is exactly the same or is that just how it goes?

On my coin, the headband is above the ear and it has a piece of hair from the fringe going to the bottom of his eyebrow.

Thanks!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 164Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05