Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CRH During The Virus Mess

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 437Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  9:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DeadElvis to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Sorry if this is considered a "blog" post - but have any coin roll hunters been able to get a box of coins lately? Two of the banks I deal with have been drive-through only until lately. Today I scored a box of cents. About 3 weeks ago I tortured a teller to send me 5 rolls at a time through the drawer. Today I walked in and got a box. Maybe things are looking up. Opened the box, Wheat cent ender! It was beat to crap 1944 P. I have this to keep me busy for a bit!

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kingtk24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey DeadElvis..im in the SF Bay Area..ive been getting 5 boxes of halves and 5 boxes of pennies every week during this time...all of my banks are open lobby..just need to wear a mask..where are you located?
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeadElvis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey DeadElvis..im in the SF Bay Area..ive been getting 5 boxes of halves and 5 boxes of pennies every week during this time...all of my banks are open lobby..just need to wear a mask..where are you located?

Alabama. I can get into bank by appt... now I can just walk in. I can't believe SF walk in-walk out! Good for you guys.
Edited by DeadElvis
05/27/2020 10:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3282 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went into a Wells Fargo branch (near to where I was going to do some grocery shopping)and cashed my stim. check then asked for $5.00 in cent rolls, teller told me he would accommodate me this time but they only give out large amount of change to business account holders... 5 dollars large amount . Just a week earlier I picked up a box of cents at my regular "cent box branch", haven't got a box of quarters in a few weeks (they come from another branch) So I don't know if this is a new policy for WF but if it is I'll be closing all my accounts and moving to Chase. I'm in So. Cal and our lobbies are open also
Pillar of the Community
United States
7111 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  12:08 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now. The banks in my area are all drive thru only and not doing boxes. That said, I do have a teller whom I'm on very good terms with who will still order me boxes and such and "accidently" leave them in the lobby and "accidentally" unlock the door when she sees me. A coincidence really. Funny how those things happen.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3972 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't even get the desired denomination of bills that I want...nothing smaller than 50's...that, and it's only drive-thru in my town of 30k+.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am still in it. I am still doing it right now. This virus ain't stopping me from doing my hobby!

Right now, I am getting all of my boxes from my bank at Shaw's across the street from my house (Citizens Bank). I live in Milford, New Hampshire so everything is unsearched. I am the only one in town doing it. Anyways my favorite bank is unfortunately going to close it's doors on June 24th at 2:00 PM, not do to the virus, but do to not getting enough business in general.

I have one more bank I can go to (another Citizens Bank), but it's drivethrough only. I will hoard as many boxes as possible before the first bank closes down for good, so I won't have to ask for more pennies right away. Once I finish all of them, then I will try to get some from the other bank.

One more thing I will add is at Market Basket in Milford, I can go to the courtesy booth and ask for some rolls. I've been working there for a year now. They know me very well and will not care if I get some.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 437Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05