Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Identifying This Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 305Next Topic  

Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  09:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add predecimalcoll to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can someone help identifying this coin and it's value? It's uncirculated grade

Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Badger Mint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
diameter and weight will be a big help, but it looks like a sovereign.
Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add predecimalcoll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I think you are right! I just saw one on Ebay exactly the same and it's selling for $1490
Edited by predecimalcoll
05/28/2020 09:51 am
Valued Member
Poland
77 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a '58 Sovereign, but not worth anything near $1490. You might get a very small premium on the scrap price of the gold if it is genuinely BUNC (I cant tell from your photos), but chances are that it will be worth gold value (today around $405 USD). With a mintage of nearly 9 million, this is not a key date, and readily available in top grades.

*edit: just noticed the obverse scratch, worth melt.
Edited by norantyki
05/28/2020 10:36 am
Valued Member
United States
301 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  11:00 am  Show Profile   Check Slightly Lithuanian Zac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slightly Lithuanian Zac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this one is similar to the one in the original post. sold for around 20 dollars over melt, but again, nowhere near $1490
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Briti...047675.l2557
Pillar of the Community
Australia
662 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  01:37 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ouch 20 dollar above seller is going to be dying on inside when they realise the ebay fee
Valued Member
Poland
77 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  02:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not to mention that these days, even with tracking, with COVID shipping delays, Ebay will end up refunding the inevitably opportunist or impatient buyer, and the seller will be left holding the bag... I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder these days ;)
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 305Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05