Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sicily, Young Herakles

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 216Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  07:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Doucet to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey Paul,

Congrats your set is growing nicely.

I have a question for you and the others here on the forum.

I bid on this coin in an up coming auction for my set.

But then while doing a little looking around a ran across this coin that had been sold at auction.

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=631254

The flans seem to be identical, the image very close.

This leads me to think that either one or the other, or both are not authentic. Or is it the same coin, but doctored up?

Either way, I'm thinking of withdrawing my bid, if that's possible.

I would appreciate any thoughts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4989 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scott,

There are a number of identically shaped casts of these.

If I'm not mistaken, the Bertolami coin currently at auction is the very same specimen in the lower Fake Coins Report, which was submitted by Joe Sermarini. Joe knows his stuff. I'm disappointed in Bertolami.

(Sorry, Paul...all of this should probably be in a fresh thread, not in the middle of yours)
Edited by Bob L
05/28/2020 08:29 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doucet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, stupid me. That settles that.

Should of looked around first.

Thanks Bob.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1895 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(Sorry, Paul...all of this should probably be in a fresh thread, not in the middle of yours)

Quote:
Hey Paul, Congrats your set is growing nicely.I have a question for you and the others here on the forum.
.....?..Dont know what happened but hope I wasn't to blame...

Ouch Doucet I'm sorry!....Got to admit that's a dangerous copy! I'm glad it's on the fake report...And to top it all, in an auction with a very reputable trader!.....I'm sure you'll have no problem withdrawing your bid.
A shame, if real it would have been a nice addition to your set..

@Bob L.....Glad your around Bob...'Your always happy to help'.. Thanks!...Paul

Pillar of the Community
United States
4989 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mods separated this out from your Olympian gods thread, Paul.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1895 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aaah Ok thanks Bob..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doucet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I asked echiznto to move it and he put his magic to it.

I must must apologize for not starting a fresh thread to start with.

The auction house replied within minutes to my request to withdraw my bid and approved it.

Thanks Paul and Bob

Pillar of the Community
United States
4989 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The auction house replied within minutes to my request to withdraw my bid and approved it

Good to read this. But they haven't pulled the lot. I guess they don't accept the condemnation.
Learn More...
United States
23062 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool coin with nice sharp detail.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doucet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, I hope they honor my request.

My bid wasn't all that high, nevertheless I'd just as soon not acquire the coin.

I'll keep looking. That's part of the fun really.

And I'll do the research first. This one was a pretty obvious one and I should have caught it.

I wonder if they will pull it down? We'll see.

Thanks Bob
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1895 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No apology necessary Doucet?...
Glad you had no problems with the trader, but I didn't think you would..
Keep searching

The Poseidon I've posted on my 12 Olympian thread isn't as nicely detailed as your example...
Yours has the controls bottom right...Do you have a full ID of your coin I'd like to see it if pos?

Thanks Paul
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 216Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05