Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Your Thoughts On 1925 Vancouver Half

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 330Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
140 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  3:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
thanks and appreciate your grade thoughts and general comments. hope all are well.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48753 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you give us a close-up of that unusual toning in front of the bust?
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Close ups of Vancouver Coin- is that toning or some type of damage? thanks

Pillar of the Community
United States
3270 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it was dipped and improperly rinsed, but I would wait for the pros.....Commemsssssssss
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4467 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, the coin does appear to have some sort of residue left over from a past cleaning, but not being able to examine the coin firsthand makes it difficult (at least for me) to say with certainty.

What is listed on the insert of the coin's PCGS holder? Straight grade or "Details"?

Just my opinion here, but I would not purchase this coin regardless of its grade. There are too many attractive Vancouver coins available in the market to accept one with visible surface issues / distractions such as those found on this coin.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi and this is in a PCGS holder graded straight 63 with no details listed. I am curious what the experts think the discoloration could be. What would you think the coins value would be? Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48753 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if this could be old lacquer that has dried up and is now falling off?
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting ideas. I just bought the coin but is lacquer something that they would apply for a reason? So the peeling is definitely not natural toning?
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 330Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05