Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Posting Coin Pictures

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 333Next Topic  
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  7:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pete0808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Sorry to ask an often asked question. I have reviewed the Tutorials regarding posting/uploading photos, but am still unsure. Is it necessary to post a photo from an external photo hosting site? Or can a photo be uploaded from my own computer to CCF computer?
If an external hosting site is necessary, what is the the most preferred?

I used to use photobucket but not anymore. It used to be that you could post one photo, then it was possible to view all of the photos in the account. I would like to avoid that.

Thanks

Pete
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
836 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You can upload images directly to this site, but image size is limited. The link below will help you do this.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...g-images.asp

I like the ImageShack hosting site. It costs me $20 per year.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34147 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Direct from your computer is best.I once used Photobucket until they held my pics hostage
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pete0808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. I'll give it a try. I do try macrophotography. I use a Canon T-5 with a Canon Ef100/2.82 macro lens and view the results thru my laptop.

Also, I'm experimenting with a bellows attached to the camera on a copy stand with adjustable handle.

Still struggling with white balance and lens movement and shadowing.

So much to learn.

That why this is such a great forum.

Thanks,

Pete
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2020  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gluggo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always extract the photos from my computer. At least it's the most simple for me. Then I can also control the size of the photo. Some sites want a maximum sized photo and if you go over that size you cannot download it. Every site is different you just have to practice. Sounds like your on the right track .
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 333Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05