Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Request Your Opinion On This 2019 San Antonio Quarter - Missing "F"

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 216Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
306 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  5:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As I was CRHing through some rolls of San Antonio Mission quarters I noticed this quarter was missing the "F" in "OF AMERICA."

I cannot decide if this is a "struck through grease", a missing piece of cladding, a defective planchet or something else. Please advise.

And, oh, BTW, I found 3 each San Antonio "W" quarters in my rolls as well!

Learn More...
United States
16345 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@fp, can you please also post an overall pic of the rev? With the current pics, it looks more like mechanical removal rather than a grease-filled die.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Blind Squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
306 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the reverse of my "missing F" quarter, Spence.

Please explain to me how this will help to determine the cause of the missing "F". I want to learn from you.

BTW, this came out of a LOOMIS roll with all 40 quarters being San Antonio quarters.
Thanks,
Fred

Edited by fplagge
06/03/2020 7:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I honestly think it's a struck through error. Doesn't appear to be damage.
Learn More...
United States
16345 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx for posting a pic of the rev--no damage so that leans this to being grease in the die. Also, @E&V could be right (seems like he is much of the time). The image of the area of interest isn't clear enough for me to pick damage vs. grease--this is the best I can do with the pics so far.

Since the cost of ownership is so low, consider saving it with the notation that it is likely a grease-filled die and then adding new pics to this thread when you upgrade your camera.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 216Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05