Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About Etsy?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 332Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
54 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  2:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrthrills to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I see coins listed on Etsy for 15-25k while the same type of coins are listed on Ebay for 10.00. Does anyone buy from Etsy? If not how can they still be in existence? What is their purpose? Hope this is the right forum for this. TY
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20592 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Etsy does not police the site at all.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Etsy is geared towards home-based business.
I have a goldsmith friend who sells her homemade jewelry thru Etsy, and she does well with it.
Bobby is right, it's not policed, so it's buyer beware.
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34325 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hand made stuff on etsy is fine,coins are a no-noooooo
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4487 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have also seen some outrageous prices being asked for common coins. I chalk it up to a few Etsy sellers hoping to catch a buyer who doesn't have any idea of what they are purchasing and is too lazy to do a bit of research. Truth be told, the same can be found on eBay, though generally not to the same extremes (there are too many other sellers of coins. i.e., competition).

That said, I have purchased a few coin items on Etsy at a fair price and received a genuine piece that was exactly what was advertised and what I expected to receive.

My point is that Etsy on the whole shouldn't be judged because of a few bad sellers.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2020  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrthrills to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TY for the info.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 332Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05