Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1855-O Seated Half Dollar, Real Or Fake?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 474Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
636 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  2:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Heymikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think, is it real or fake? Look at ALL pictures but read the description AFTER you decide!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1855-O-Sea....m2518.l4276
Edited by Heymikep
06/06/2020 4:14 pm
Valued Member
Canada
487 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obverse strike looks sus, sellers sounds high.
seems risky.
Edited by Numis-Northerner
06/06/2020 4:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
785 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fake as the day is long........
Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cartoon coin, seller on drugs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
766 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The biggest indicator being the stars. They are thicker and diamond shaped on an original. There's a sucker born everyday, that money for a seller with zero feedback?
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That reverse is atrocious. Everything about that eagle is wrong, neck feathers are a joke!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4738 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Standard comment by me.
For that price it should be slabbed.
Oh, and the seller has (0) feedback.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6270 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my coin for comparison

Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Orientalia. Bring on the bidding war!

The conditions for a return seem pretty extreme.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Pillar of the Community
United States
1991 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Everything about that eagle is wrong, neck feathers are a joke!

They match examples on the no-no site that cost $5 or less.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seller got very belligerent and profane when informed that it's a $2.50 counterfeit. As expected, I guess. FYI.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48979 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of tells here, but to me the best is the shape of the tops of the 5s in the date. Muddler's example illustrates this very well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48979 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a very nice e-mail exchange with him, and he could not have been more polite.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 474Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05