Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Women's Suffrage Coins Now On Mint's Schedule

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,462Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4794 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2020  5:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Per the US Mint's Product Schedule, the 2020 Women's Suffrage silver dollars and silver medal will be available beginning August 18, 2020 at Noon. No pricing information has been provided as of yet.

I wonder to what extent a sales window of just over four months will impact sales?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
06/18/2020 5:51 pm
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2020  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am looking forward to my 'Women's Suffrage Proof Silver Dollar and Medal Set' purchase.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4794 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2020  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope to get one as well. The Mint did a nice job with the previous proof silver dollar and silver medal sets (WWI, American Legion), so I have high hopes for this set also.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2020  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree on the American legion.

I still wish the Mint would have offered a chance to get all the silver medals with the silver dollar in one set.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4794 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2020  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I still wish the Mint would have offered a chance to get all the silver medals with the silver dollar in one set.

I agree, I would have preferred not to have been forced to buy five of the WWI proof dollars to get the five medals. One set with a single dollar coin and the five WWI medals would have suited me fine. I won't break up the WWI sets, however, so I guess I'll always have "inventory" of the proof dollar!

Edited by commems
06/19/2020 3:44 pm
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I won't break up the WWI sets, however, so I guess I'll always have "inventory" of the proof dollar!
If I had bought all the sets I would do the same.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1257 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2020  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder to what extent a sales window of just over four months will impact sales?

Combined with the pandemic, I have a feeling we might see some new low mintages. At the very least, it won't help the trend of declining commemorative sales.

Quote:
I am looking forward to my 'Women's Suffrage Proof Silver Dollar and Medal Set' purchase.

As much as I've enjoyed the American Legion coin and medal set, I plan to pass on this year's edition since one of my goals is to avoid impulse buys. But will I actually have the willpower to hold off, or will I give in? Time will tell...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4794 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2020  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I plan to pass on this year's edition since one of my goals is to avoid impulse buys.

The coin and medal won't be available for about two months - plenty of time to turn an "impulse" into a "planned purchase!"

Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1257 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2020  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The coin and medal won't be available for about two months - plenty of time to turn an "impulse" into a "planned purchase!"

Quote:
You might as well put it into your budget, CB.

I suppose I can't argue with that logic! You guys are a bad influence...

Marking my calendar now (hopefully the price increase isn't too dramatic).
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2020  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(hopefully the price increase isn't too dramatic).
Pillar of the Community
United States
1257 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos and prices have now been posted.

Proof S$1: $69.00
Uncirculated S$1: $64.00
S$1 and Medal Set: $120.00

The coin and medal set is priced around what I expected, so I plan on getting one. I'm excited. Nevertheless, to me the price increases for this year's commemoratives are still extreme, but I suppose that's to be expected with all the Mint's 2020 offerings. If the prices didn't go up, I would've considered adding the uncirculated dollar as well.

Also, I know there's a second thread about this topic, but I'll leave it up to the mods to determine which one to continue.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4794 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@CollegeBarbers: Thanks for the heads up re: the images and pricing on the Mint's web site.

I have to say that I am somewhat surprised by the $120 price tag on the coin and medal set - I was not expecting a $20 price increase over the similar WWI and/or American Legion sets (their issue price was $99.95). I'll likely still be a buyer, but with a bit more reluctance than in the past - a $110 price tag would have been much more palatable.

Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, I know there's a second thread about this topic, but I'll leave it up to the mods to determine which one to continue.
I locked the other one and linked it back here. I expect this to get more traffic once they go on sale.

Quote:
I was not expecting a $20 price increase over the similar WWI and/or American Legion sets (their issue price was $99.95).
Same here. But I will still buy it and probably any others they offer in the future. I like the combination.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1257 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But I will still buy it and probably any others they offer in the future. I like the combination.

My price threshold was $125 for this set, so as long as they stay under that price next year (assuming there is one), I'll also be a buyer again because I too like the combo. I've always regretted not getting one of the WWI sets...
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've always regretted not getting one of the WWI sets...
Same. I really wanted them all in one set so I passed, but I wish I had chose a branch and bought it.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,462Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05