Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1842 Seated 50c Wb-12

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 324Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  01:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1842 Seated 50C WB-12 Medium, triple punched date.

Lucked into this coin locally today...all I can say. Glad I'm friends with the local coin shop owner, a pawn shop owner came in selling some coins he had aquired over the years, and after the shop owner was finished buying (of which he'd picked up a fine details 1795 half dime), he allowed me to pick up some stuff from the guy. 4 Carson city Morgan's, a half dime, and a few other randoms.

Edited by KYCopperCoins
07/01/2020 03:47 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah, grading opinion?

and a better shot of the RPD
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  02:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, @Badthad, I squeezed in a shot of the foot in the last photo just for you buddy, hope you're into long toes...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49632 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice close-up!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9009 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
obverse AU reverse XF. the coin is flat and lifeless for a mid-AU coin. appears to be some corrosion on the obverse along the arm. I think she's been cleaned and probably would be in a details slab
Pillar of the Community
United States
4789 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The date appears to be an RPD with a die crack.
Plus there appears to be a die crack through Liberty's head.
And finally a nice die crack on the reverse.

The coin has LOTS of personality.
Mid-AU.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does look flat, could just be the pics, but it looks cleaned.

I'm going AU Details, nice die cracks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1448 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mid AU as well, nice coin but I'm also on the AU details train.
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Heymikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU Details! I love the die cracks.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55 details, cleaned
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1507 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty decent strike. @panzaldi already noted the obverse corrosion. If the cleaning had retoned a bit more, I would say it could be market acceptable. It's just a bit too fresh for that. My first reaction was AU-53 details, but I could be talked into AU-55 details here.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49632 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must agree with the crowd, AU details (cleaned).
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 324Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05