Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1792 French Revolutionary Token (Maybe?)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 266Next Topic  
CCF Advertiser
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  5:59 pm Show Profile   Check ksammut's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add ksammut to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all! Here's another coin-token-medal-thing that stumped me. It appears to be French and possibly from the Revolutionary period of 1792, but the dates are cut off. It also appears to have been double struck, but I'm not entirely sure. I would appreciate any info about what the token is, any history, value, etc. Thanks!

Young Numismatist - You are welcome to visit my eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/numismaticswithkenny - over 2000 numismatic listings!
2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year
ANA Life Member and District Representative
Twitter - @numismatist2001
Instagram numismatistkenny
Valued Member
Learn More...
Sweden
354 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a pattern from 1792 for one variety of the Monneron brothers emergency coins, minted in England by M. Boulton for use in France. There were several varieties of those emergency coins, but I don't think this one made it into regular production. The text about "la virolle" is about that it has been manufactured using a collar. An example of what it should look like is shown here: https://www.cgbfr.com/confiance-mon..._0368,a.html

What it would be worth in this condition, I have no idea.
CCF Advertiser
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check ksammut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ksammut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool! Thanks for the info
Young Numismatist - You are welcome to visit my eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/numismaticswithkenny - over 2000 numismatic listings!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add newguy22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4745 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wow, that's a cool coin, I didn't know about the type.

Here is a recent Soho mint Monnerone token I picked up.

CCF Advertiser
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2020  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Check ksammut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ksammut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!

@chrsmat71 - Very nice!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 266Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05