Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 Fy 1 Huge Die Chip

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 771Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They really had a problem with the Formative year coins. I have quite a few with different sized chips n cracks at the end of the log. Some with multiple cracks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, I feel like the design was too integrate maybe to many weak spots on the die? either way gives us more to find lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats Coin: Nice Die Crack and some Pine Sap leaking outta the log AKA Die Chip
Edited by Daves Errors
07/05/2020 01:38 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1481 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice size die chip and the location is "camouflaged" pretty well.

BTW- For size reference, each column on a Memorial cent is about 1mm. So to qualify as an interior die break it would need to be equal to 4 columns on a Memorial cent. As neat as this one is, I think it is coming up small.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34701 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it would be helpful if cuds-on-coins posted a chart, with photos of the different chip sizes eg 1mm 2mm 3mm 4mm etc.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you measure the whole end of the log top to bottom. It's around 4mm.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all thanks again for the feedback, haven't been able to measure but remember this is 4 square mm, so 2x2 mm equals 4mm squared
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 771Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05