Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1891 Indian Head Cent - S1 DDO

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 366Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
492 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  6:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not my pics, but the coin arrived today and it is the S1 Doubled Die Obverse. Doubling is strongest on the "OF" to the North. I used to have one in MS63BN, but it sold when I sold my graded collection a few years back. Have a few graded ones left, but not many. Still have all my raw ones though, which is where this one will be going!. Just getting back into collecting again recently.

Grade opinions?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
21342 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The photos are a little fuzzy but minimum AU-58 and with sharper photos it might turn out to be MS-63RB.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50454 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No snap to this - agree with AU-58.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9153 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tough one to call. AU58 or MS62. I'm leaning MS62BN
Pillar of the Community
United States
7725 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin, I'll go AU58. Too bad about the fingerprints.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverstacker75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice coin, how much is this worth?
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverstacker75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how do you tell what variety indian heads are? I have a few that I will look at.
Learn More...
United States
90051 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
850 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the coin looks this good with the funky photo's I have to go MS all day long on it with regular pics. Can you take your own pics with an android or phone? I think you got a winner on this coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 366Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05