Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2016 Lincoln Shield Cent Die Clashes (2)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 246Next Topic  
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  10:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Spacegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's nice to find a few minutes to take pictures and post! I found these two LSC 2016 Die Clashes two days apart while Coin Roll hunting. The second one I found first but the one I am posting first is the better of the two. I did not see any examples LIKE THESE online, and I am curious to know if they have a particular premium or if they are just fun to have. The reverse on the first one I am posting does show some outline of Lincoln's bust and face, but not nearly as much as the reverse side shows the shield and the lettering. The second one has little to no discernible obverse image on the shield, and the reverse impression is slightly better that illustrated. (y'all know I'm trying to get better pictures!) Anyway, on the first the "UNUM" goes right across the tie and the Shield is quite complete in many places.

Thoughts?

TYIA

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. to the family

Those are really cool clashes, don't know about premiums but suspect worth more than 1cent. They are keepers.

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spacegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought they were cool too! I was all excited about the first one I found (Image 2) and then to find another better one the next day in a different roll was great! Thanks for the reply.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34824 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fun finds,2x2 worthy,small primium.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spacegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They were in 2x2's! LOL Just removed them to take pix. I will be posting more stuff sooner than later. I have a lot to ask about - but not a lot of time.

I love this place! Thanks to everyone!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34824 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You did the right thing by removing the coins before taking photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 246Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05