Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Key Date Metal Detector Find

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 495Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
488 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  01:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bob Levi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, just wanted to share my best coin find yet. Was out for 15 minutes and got rained on. A bit of corrosion but what a score. Found in a park of all places. It's the last date I needed for my set as well! Other than the 21 of course.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10675 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  02:59 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad about the corrosion, but that's one cool find!
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
759 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  06:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent find!

Looks like it was hardly circulated when lost.
Valued Member
Canada
168 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the best thing about metal detecting for coins is that you can find the scarce and the rare right beside the common ones, I've done it too
the price was right but the the condition from the ground reminds you of that
congrats on a great find from the ultimate wild
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1798 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find where abouts are you? I'm always looking for a metal detecting partner
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3053 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find. I always had a detector, but I was using mine for buried trash, hence bottles to be found, in the old gold camps in Northern California, mid 1800's. When I looked for coins in the 70's and 80's, all I found was beer tabs. Though I did always find a few coins around old cemataries away from the graves where people would stand .. and old camp grounds or fair sites from the late 1800's and early 1900's.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 495Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05