Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1953-D Lincoln Cent, RPM-001 (Fs-501)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 191Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  12:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Last year, I snagged over 11 bags of Wheat Cents at an estate sale, at $112.50 per bag. I've slowly been going through the bags, with some very pleasant surprises. Many of the bags had to have been acquired in the 1960s, based on the high percentage of AU and higher coins from the 1940s and early 1950s.

This coin isn't one of them. It's a circulated VLDS example of what I believe is 1953-D RPM-001 (FS-501), likely stage D or stage E. Here are the mug shots, detail photos, and marker photos. Thoughts on verification of the variety and stage?

The secondary mm inside the main mm is virtually gone. This is most consistent with Stages D or E. Here are the marker photos.

The die scratches west of the "R" in TRUST running S to Lincoln's head are almost gone. This would appear consistent with Stages C, D, or E.

The die scratch SW from the "O" in GOD is visible, but weak. This would appear to be consistent with Stages D or E.

The die scratches SE from the "B" of PLURIBUS are barely visible. This would appear to be most consistent with Stage E.

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crh1993 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool find for sure! I have one that I think is the same RPM but it is so heavily circulated I couldn't make out any of the die markers... I'll be looking forward to what the other people think on yours
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought I'd test out my new photoshop access and start building up my speed at making these.

Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 191Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05