Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1964-D LMC Do You See 2 Different Mint Marks?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 258Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
214 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  6:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jsertl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
are my eyes playing games with me or do you see it to? ill post a pic with whats in question circled if no one else sees what I think I'máseeing.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49537 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where is the second mint mark?
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sir Derrin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Jsertl is looking at the hit just to upper right of the MM? It looks a bit like it follows the curve of the D. I would say just PMD...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3202 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's just your eyes playing tricks on you. I believe what you're seeing is PMD.
ša va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is what I'm seeing circled red. I'mánot going to say what I see I'májust curous if its my brain playing tricks on me

Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And yes it is ever so lightly raised not recessed
Pillar of the Community
United States
3202 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The PMD is messing with your mind. No second mint mark is there.
ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49537 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your eyes are definitely playing games with you. Nothing in this area is raised above the surface enough to even suggest a mint mark. With respect, if you study how coins like this are produced at the mint, it is impossible that a second mint mark could have been stamped in this position.
Edited by Coinfrog
07/12/2020 9:19 pm
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last name starts with an "S" so I imagine my brain is kinda wired to see them whether or not they are there kind of like how our brains are wired to see faces in various patterns. I see an "S" wether it's just a coincidental arrangement of the surface structure or not I still see it. And no I don't know everything about the coin making process still learning but that's why I asked you guys
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 258Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05