Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Iraq 1933 20 Fils Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 220Next Topic  
Valued Member
Japan
125 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  04:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Stephen-P to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked this out of a coin album I purchased from an auction recently, but don't have much experience with Middle Eastern pieces. I did see that it only has a mintage of around 1m but also that there were proofs struck.
The surfaces of this one are reflective and the details sharp, full hairlines in hair, beard etc.
Hoping I could get some second opinions.

Valued Member
390 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  05:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strike looks sharp and strong but most likely cleaned. Leaning towards a regular strike for me.
Valued Member
United States
341 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:42 am  Show Profile   Check Seeker55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Seeker55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this is a regular strike and would grade it around XF or XF+.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3598 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great pickup! Looks like this coin is usually pretty well circulated and that sharp pieces like yours fetch pretty high prices!

I do think there is a small bit of wear, and agree with the opinions here of normal strike, and something like EF+ to AU.
Valued Member
Japan
125 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stephen-P to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thanks for the expertise! Thought this coin seemed kinda rare for the condition..
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 220Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05