Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nice 1938 Buffalo Nickel D Thoughts On Grade!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 547Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2020  7:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jeremy Chesney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't know but to me this coin seems a higher grade then ms66 what do you guess think

Here are the new photos per request I apologize but I have issues posting photos with The optimizer

Edited by Jeremy Chesney
07/17/2020 2:29 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54762 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2020  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Subtle differences in MS grades 66 or above are almost impossible to differentiate from pics, especially off-angle and upside down images as shown.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14868 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2020  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a 1938-D and I'm good with the 66 grade .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Learn More...
United States
96035 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the grade, based on the photos. In hand might change my mind.

It is a very nice example!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3751 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2020  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Change the title ! Nice 1938 D.
Learn More...
United States
96035 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
728 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2020  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm good with MS66
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1823 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2020  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First,

The 1938-D Buffs were saved in large quantities, and UNC bags were available in the 1960s and UNC rolls well into the 1980s. MS-66 is the most common certified UNC grade for 1938-D. It's a bit hard to see the details on the photos, but what I can see looks like MS-66. The grade looks spot on.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20085 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2020  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be happy with a 66 on that.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2020  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jeremy Chesney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only reason I ask I have looked at it for some time now and studied it side by side with others on auctions and coin sites and the details I can see and compare match MS 67 real close to a MS 68 but I'm not a expert so thanks I'll keep the grade I was debating on sending it back and having it re graded.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 547Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05