Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Silver Maple Leafs

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2008  3:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Griff to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was wondering about my SMLs. I have 28 coins(different years and with privys). Most are in the sealed plastic from the RCM mint. Was wondering if I took them out of the plastic to put them in an album, would that affect the value of the coins? Right now I have them in a generic album with pockets on the pages so I can slip the sealed coin in the pocket. Would like to put them in a nicer album. I enjoy my collection and plan to keep it for a while but I'm sure someday I'll end up selling then.
Let me know what's best. Thanks
Valued Member
Canada
178 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2008  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skelly423 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Griff,

At the moment, none of the silver maples has a significant premium attached to them, and their prices are almost entirely determined by the price of silver. Removing them from the plastic might take a dollar or two off of their resale value, but it's not a significant financial hit. I find the album is a much nicer way to store them than their original plastic. The only way you stand to lose on this is if one of the coins (say the 1996) takes off in value, but only in original packaging; even then you shouldn't be too hard hit, people tend to pay for the coin and not the packaging. My advice is to get an album, it's not expensive and it won't likely take away from the overall value of the coins.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2008  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Griff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Skelly.

I've thought the same thing. Although, anytime I've bid on one on ebay I like to bid on the ones in the mint plastic. But, like I said, I do plan to keep the collection for a good long while.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05