Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Greek And Roman Coins Needing ID Part Eighteen.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 267Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
470 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  11:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Just one more from me for today.
12mm in diameter and weighing 1.8g.
Thank you.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5114 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
470 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you again Bob, you're a star.
This one is so small I found it difficult to photograph with my phone. It's in much better condition than theses snaps might suggest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both the op coin and the acsearch coin are well-documented fakes, as are all coins with this spiky hair style and blobby flowers.
http://bpmurphy.ancients.info/image...taiacomp.jpg
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/mo...aia_001.html
Edited by Kushanshah
07/23/2020 3:57 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
470 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you Kushanshah for this crucial information. I shall relegate the coin to the novelty box.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5114 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good call, Kushanshah. I now recall perusing that page of Barry's some time ago - probably in response to your posting the link before.
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I count at least 16 for sale on eBay at the moment and 6 on VCoins. It's been whack-a-mole with these things for 20 years now.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
470 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Is this the genuine article or another of those 1990s repros?

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 267Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05