Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1776-1976 Bicentennial With Possible Error. Feedback Much Appreciated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 197Next Topic  
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dotmatrix to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I have a 1776-1976 Bicentennial with a possible error. If you look at the front and back of the coin it has a discoloration. On the back where the line of this discoloration there seems to be an indention of some sorts. It is not on any of the other coins I have like this. I am waiting on a magnifying glass to view for more possible errors. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am new to coins and verbiage so please be patient with me.

Thank you!

Pillar of the Community
United States
852 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like it was stored in a 'pocket' holder for some time. I'm pretty sure the discoloring is just from the cardboard of the holder.
Also, my eyes do not see the 'indentation' you mention. No errors.
Oh, before I forget,...... to the forum!
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dotmatrix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll try to get a better photo when I get my magnifying glass. There is an indention I'll try to capture it. Thank you for your feed back and welcoming!
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jake the Dog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to just be staining, you can see that the raised rims (exposed to much more wear) are not stained. Most likely environmental staining in some form... for example sitting in a cup holder with soda or such.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 197Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05