Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post #42: Please Help Identify Year/Cat # On This Ephesus AR Cistophorus

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 223Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  5:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add twood89 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This coin is NGC graded G and is pierced/plugged. The NGC holder just states "c.180/167-133BC". I was looking on Wildwinds and ACS coin search but couldnt find any matching reverse designs. On the reverse of my coin is what appears to be a goose or a duck to the right of the snakes. If anybody can help decipher a year or cat # on this coin it would be greatly appreciated.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5196 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this one may be similar, listed as before 133 BC:

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=2179909

Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twood89 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks pretty close. Thanks for the help! I will attribute this as the coin you sent.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 223Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05