Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Some Help "Peace Dollar Stack"

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 255Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  9:33 pm Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What with silver rushing upwards I thought it was a good time to check out some silver coins not updated in pricing, which I bought :).

Mainly 1923 (both S and D), some 1922 as well coins ranging from what I would say is a f to VF grade maybe one or 2 in the EF range.

My question is there any point to removing or selecting the more higher grade one from the pile or are Peace dollar still extremely common coin that only MS is worth any premium? Yes I know there was loads minted however would like to know what the current collecting landscape is like for the Peace dollars.

Thanks in advance here a picture as to roughly the grades.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8973 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strictly a bullion coin and 1922 and 1923 Peace dollars are common dates. Common circulated silver dollars sell for a little more than common bullion dimes, quarters or halves. Not a lot but a little more.
Today I would suppose with silver at $28.89 as I type, this is probably worth $22.35 USD weighing 26.7 grams of 90% silver composition which is .7735 troy oz. ( I think )
There is scratched initials on the reverse too. You could maybe get higher graded coins of this type for the exact same price. ~ and hiya ryurazu, good to see ya!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I know BEN hehehe, obviously not done by me. Thanks TNG I think I might take 1-3 examples and then on sell the rest, will see what silver does :D.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some more pictures

Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 255Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05