Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fake Mass. Cent. How Do People Bid On This Junk.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 429Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7289 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  08:14 am Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Seller also has a fake bar cent. I've reported both.
Edited by edweather
08/13/2020 08:15 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4848 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They don't know any better.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7289 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  08:59 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very true, and a sad statement.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20755 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take care of them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7289 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GONE
Edited by edweather
08/13/2020 8:28 pm
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimNH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am just starting to get into colonial coppers, and wish posts like this had a snap of the thing while it was up, see what a fake looks like.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20755 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and wish posts like this had a snap of the thing while it was up, see what a fake looks like.

You can usually get the first image at this link, even for removed listings, with just an item number.

https://www.coincommunity.com/ebay_...ge-image.asp
Pillar of the Community
United States
1272 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I wish I had known that tool existed earlier.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20755 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put that together a few years ago. It can also be accessed with the ebay tools link in the menu.

I have API keys to ebay servers and can get things not available to the public.
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimNH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Bobby that is awesome, really sad that the counterfeiters have besoiled even the obscure world of old coppers. IMHO this is the top threat to the entire hobby, and you are on the front lines. Hats off.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 429Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05