Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

10th Annual CCF NFL Contest

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 452Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
795 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  4:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add spaceace to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is the thread to officially start the 10th Annual CCF NFL contest (wow it has been a decade already)! We are merely days away from the beginning of the NFL regular season. It has really crept up since there was no preseason this year. Here are the rules:

- pick 1 team every week
- each pick must be posted every THURSDAY by 6:00pm forum time
- once you pick a team you cannot pick that team again
- if your team wins, you continue in the contest
- if your team loses or ties you are OUT
- if you fail to make a pick on time or you pick a team you have already used, you are OUT
- once you pick there will be no editing; editing = OUT
- I will post a summary of each player who is eliminated each week
- as we get down to the last few players, if all remaining players are eliminated in the same week, then those same remaining players will be alive to continue the game as before (example; let's say 3 players are left in week 9 and they all lose that week, all three of them would come back to keep duking it out until we have 1 player left standing)
- last person standing gets a coin/currency related gift from all of the players (losers choice)

*** PLEASE READ: this year we have an extra COVID wrench thrown in. Hopefully this season goes all the way but with the pandemic you just never know what will happen. So to avoid an abrupt end to the season with no winner I will add an extra step so that we can crown a champion no matter what. Each week when you post your pick in this thread simply put the team you pick AND the amount you think they will win by. The difference between your guess and the winning margin will be figured each week and will be a cumulative total as the season goes on. These numbers will ONLY come into play if the season is shutdown for good. If the season ends before we have a champion we will take the remaining players and whoever has the lowest point total wins.
Example:
week 1: you pick Dallas to win by 10
if Dallas wins 13-7 then your point total would be 4 (you guessed 10 and they won by 6 so you were off by 4). These would be a running total for each week so the closer you are to the winning margin the lower your score will be.

We will take the first 15-20 players who respond to this thread and have 50 posts.

You may then post your picks in this thread each week.

** First pick will be due in 1 week, by Thursday Sept 10th by 6:00 pm**

Thanks for playing and good luck!
Edited by spaceace
09/03/2020 7:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
554 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2020  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I will be in this year again
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
687 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest spaceace, after seeing the way baseball has gone, I have no doubts this season will get scrubbed, sooner than later.

Thank you for running 10 seasons, congrats. I enjoyed the last 3 as a player/donator, but I would be hypocritical if I played this season. This will shine some light on my choice.

0UkrLOowOqw

It's not just the NFL, I'm done with the Raptors until they put their names back on their jersey's too, even then, they probably blew it for a while.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Edited by loonielewy
09/07/2020 07:31 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3543 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2020  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too would like to Thank you for all your hard work these pass seasons..However I must agree with loonielewy.

Hope I can take part next season, but for now I'm keeping away from following the NFL
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14161 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With Loonie and greasy .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1625 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. With Tbop,Loonie and greasy

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
687 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spaceace, sorry if I rained on your contest. It was not my intention. All the best to next year, and hey, how about those pic's from your win last year.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2258 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  04:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very surprised and disappointed in this outcome.
NFL is playing games, and we have no pool. SAD!
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2258 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was late sorry spaceace. I would have been a cheerleader.
No politics. Just football.
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stneCowT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man I'm sad that I was late to this, and that it's not happening :(
Edited by stneCowT
09/23/2020 11:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7529 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  01:18 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with the boys on this one. I'm not usually a big sports guy, but I enjoyed tuning into a game and munching some chips and salsa while I watched. This year, that ain't happening.

I know T and Greasy pretty well I'd like to think, and I'm sure we're all thinking the same on this one.

I got family and friends who've been severely injured in the line of duty. I had a friend who was serving as protecting for a protest when someone tried to stab him to death. I can't watch this season.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
687 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I watched the film "Greater" on Netflix today. It's based on a true story of a kid who just knew his destiny. His name is Brandon Burlsworth. Well worth the 2 hours to watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Burlsworth

Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 452Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05